Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Tea

Last mother's day, my sister and I took my mom to tea at a really nice hotel in Boston. She loved it, so we thought we'd do the same this year. Then we got a great surprise when we learned our brother and his family were making a quick trip home. We decided it would make more sense to have tea at home.

We got a little crazy and went all Martha Stewart, which is kind of typical when the three of us are working together.


The menu included homemade apple cinamon scones, chocolate chip hazelnut scones, chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, blt puff pastries, fresh berries, desserts from Sugar bakery in Boston, including lots of mini pastries and tarts, cucumber lemonade and an extra special glass of iced pink lemonade for my niece.

 
It was a pretty nice spread, but....




It was really the people that made it so nice. having all of the fam together was great.



 
We took a bunch of photos, so I thought I'd share, especially since I haven't had anything fun to share in months.

How were your mother's days?

2 comments:

  1. Oh how nice! Everything looked great! You'll have to share some of the recipes for the stuff you made! The scones sounded so yummy! What a pretty tablescape, too! I hope you'll post more soon. I've been gone from blogging a while, but I'm back and want to catch up with everyone! :)

    btw- thank you SO much for your sweet comments on my blog about our pregnancy announcement! I appreciate that so much! We are SO excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. did you join Instagram yet?

    ReplyDelete