This is a re-post but they are a favorite, so I thought they should be included in the 12 cookies of Christmas. The third cookie is chocolate mint snow cap cookies.
To make these, you'll need:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon mint flavoring (or a bit more if you prefer a stronger flavor)
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, microwave 1 cup chocoalte chips and butter. Make sure to check every so often to avoid burning- take out an mix smooth every 30 or so seconds.
4. Beat in granulated sugar until combined, then beat in eggs, vanilla and mint flavoring. Add in flour mixture stirring until combined. Add remaining chocolate pieces.
5. Shape doughinto 1 inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Place on a non-stick baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 9 1/2-12 minutes (I like mine a bit softer, so I go for 9 1/2 minutes)
7. Cool for a few minutes on a baking sheet.
Makes about 40 cookies.
Now that I posted this, I have a feeling Jim's going to be making a reqest for more soon :)