2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
Brown Sugar Frosting Ingredients:
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, and sugar. Heat butter in microwave for 50 seconds. Mix in butter, egg and pumpkin mix. Chop pecans and toast in a small pan on the stove for about 60 seconds on medium heat. Add pecans to the mixture and stir in.
3. Using a tablespoon to measure, drop dough onto cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
4. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 40 cookies.
5. After the cookies have been baked and cooled, make the brown sugar butter frosting. In a small-medium saucepan heat the butter, then mix in the brown sugar. Remove mixture from the stove.Stir in the sifted powder sugar, adding a little bit at a time. Add the vanilla and hot water and mix until smooth. Frost the cookies immediately. If needed add more hot water to make smooth.
Do you have any great fall recipes to share? If you have any posted on your blogs, please share a link! :)