Sunday, January 8, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Gallery Wall

Last month, I shared Jim's DIY mirror to chalkboard makeover. It ended up being the first of five chalkboards. Four of which now hang in our dining area. I've seen tons of photos on Pinterest that have a chalkboard included in a wall gallery, but I thought it would be fun to do all chalkboards.

The plan has always been to do neutrals in our living spaces, so I can mix up the decor for holidays. I think the chalkboards will be a fun and cheap way to get more festive. All we'll have to do is write something like "Merry Christmas" and it instantly makes the room a little more holiday ready.
 We still want to add one more chalkboard in the top right hand corner, but I was getting to impatient to share the project. Jim has literally been working on this for months. It started back in the summer, when we went thrifting for the first time. I found a mirror and Jim transformed it into a chalkboard, you can find details here.

Over time we've slowly been collecting the next few to add to the wall gallery. We wanted to get a couple interesting frames and some that were less ornate. We ended up finding everything we needed at our two local shops, it just took some time. We used 2 mirrors and the rest were empty frames.
 It's been fun collecting the frames together. It's my favorite project so far.
We still have a ways to go though. We need to add the last frame and we need to get some thing to make the frames centered. They are looking a little crooked right now, but Jim said it's nbd, he can get something form the local hardware store to fix that. Once it's complete, I'll do a final reveal!

Are you working on any exciting projects you want to share?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this before, and I love it! I like that you have the ability to change the messages for the seasons or for a certain party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It looks fantastic and I love how unique the idea is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too awesome! i really like the idea and look. great job with the diy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I cant wait to see it complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love this! I want to do this right now! Chalkboards are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you commented on my blog because I couldn't find yours when I was looking for it recently! :)

    I LOVE what you did here! The chalkboards are going to look awesome and can be "themed" for whatever event you plan. Can't wait to see the final reveal!

    We just bought a buffet to use for our bar and I'm in the process of finding decor pieces for it and we have some shelves to hang too. Can't wait to share it and other home stuff on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost yours for awhile too! I thought I was following you, but apparently I wasn't.

      Delete